LOGO CONTEST RULES
1. The Contest is open to all individuals, groups, companies or organizations.
How to Enter
1. Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
2. The entries must be submitted as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
3. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
4. No more than 3 entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
5. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
6. The deadline for Entries is 11:59 pm on April 30, 2015.
7. We will attempt to acknowledge all Entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
8. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the Contest is to design a logo for the non-profit organization Garage Cultural. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and on other marketing products for the organization. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The logo must be an original design and cannot contain, in any amount or way, the design, creation, trademark, or style of another artist, company, or organization.
The logo must take into consideration the history of the organization and the cultural style of Latin American art. For references search Google images for “Latin American art” or “Brigade Ramona Parra”. Although not a necessary component, heavy black lines and brightly colored images are suggested. The logo can include the words “Garage Cultural”, but submissions that do not will also qualify.
The winning design will be announced at the Garage Cultural Season Opening Ceremony at the center on May 3rd, 2015. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to attend, but Garage Cultural is unable to pay for travel and accommodations.
The winning designer will receive:
1. A $100 cash prize.
2. Membership in the organization. The ability to participate in a free six-week workshop session of your choice and/or use the space for a future art or community related event.
3. Formal announcement in local news sources and social media outlets.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by assigned staff of Garage Cultural. Their decision will be final.
2. Garage Cultural reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. Garage Cultural reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Garage Cultural.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Garage Cultural to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All entries will become the sole property of Garage Cultural and may be displayed publicly on marketing materials and the Garage Cultural web sites.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read, understood, and agrees to be bound by these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Garage Cultural in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Garage Cultural and relating to the Contest.